The Lyon Park Community Center is a convenient and beautiful venue for memorial services to honor the departed. Only about a mile from Arlington National Cemetery, Lyon Park is centrally located, close to Washington, DC, and only minutes from a large number of local funeral homes and cemeteries. With many excellent local caterers to choose from, you can have them set up the venue and prepare the food while you are at the memorial service. Then you are free to greet your guests afterwards in a dignified space that respects and treasures history.
- Seating for up to 150 guests inside (chairs and tables provided).
- Two kitchens – a galley kitchen for hors d’oeuvres and/or drinks – and a large state-of-the-art kitchen for food preparation.
- See our list of recommended vendors at the link below.
- Fully accessible building with ADA compliant bathrooms.
- Ample unrestricted on-street parking.
- Five minute drive from Arlington National Cemetery.
- Walking distance from the subway; the metrobus stops at the door.
NOTE: The American Legion and the VFW are no longer able to rent their halls for receptions in Arlington for a variety of reasons. Lyon Park Community Center is a reasonably priced and conveniently located rental alternative.